Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Freeloading

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go... but I can't yet. :\ These first several days before the departure for India are full of orientation/prep. Since my suite was absorbed by students actually living on campus this semester, I've been forced to mooch off of the kind gentlemen across the hall. My dresser is their living room floor, my desk is their dining room table, and my bed is their 5' 8" x 2' couch. My nights of sleep have been less than restful so far (I woke up with an impressive bruise on my leg that I can only hypothesize is from my inability to fit on the couch). Other than that, I can't complain. I almost wish I could take advantage of their hospitality for a little longer!
Friday is quickly arriving, and I'm getting eager. I suppose this serves as practice for the many moments to come on the trip that will require patience. I'm also excited after spending some time with the CC group and realizing how much fun we're all going to have together. Good group dynamics so far... definitely a positive sign.
Well, I'm off to spend time with the friends I won't be seeing for three months. I'll update once more before I leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment